Sunday, January 06, 2002

A LUNCH AND A DESSERT
My dad and I had lunch at Kwan's Restaurant in Montebello yesterday. Among the topics we discussed were, of course, money, my salary (aka working all the overtime shifts I can), and buying a house. My heart sank when he said: At this rate, you won't make it if you rely only on the money you have coming in now. Words so true, and yet so scary to hear.
But the lunch took a quick turn when we discovered the man sitting at the table next to us was no other Matt Fong, the Republican politician who was an early Republican nominee for president and most notably ran against Barbara Boxer for the U.S. Senate in 1998. Our conversation with him was definitely on a politician to his constituents basis "What dish did you order?", "It's very nice to meet you.", "It sounds like you have a very nice family." And yet somehow, both my dad and I got caught up in his words. What a nice guy. I wish he was our Senator. Instead, he was there, dressed down in a henley and some nice looking sweats and said, "Well, I've delayed long enough. It's time to go home and clean up the garage." What a nice man!
At night, Karena and I went to Burbank airport to pick up Ricky, who had gone to Scottsdale, Arizona to speak at a church retreat. And get this, the church paid for his airfare and for him to go skiing with the group. How nice is that? Afterward, we went to Krispy Kreme and chowed down on two orginal glazed doughnuts apiece while looking through my NY pictures (yes, Luong Baby, they're finally developed and coming your way soon). We also talked about how very few guys are proud of their teeth and will show girls their pearly whites ... probably because they more closely resemble pearly yellows or needed braces and never got them as a kid.
Yeah, and eating two Krispy Kremes is going to help that?!?
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]