Thursday, January 24, 2002

LOOKING BACK ON MY CAR ... ONE YEAR LATER
I can't believe it, but I've now had my black 2000 Nissan Maxima for a year now. I bought it from a fleet dealer (highly recommended because you can get a deal just slightly above invoice price - it's like buying a car from Costco) and had to pick it up in Burbank. I remember it was a dark, rainy day. But when I first laid eyes on it, I thought it was beautiful. I loved the way the wheels looked as they spun, the sleek design, and the interior ended up looking better than I had expected. Plus, I was very excited about the six-speaker Bose sound system that came with the car.
But before I blasted music out of those speakers, I prayed. I wanted to dedicate the car, all the miles I would drive, all the destinations it would take me to, and all the people that would sit in it, to God. I wanted this car to be a Christian car. It already had its own personality, its own flare just by its looks and handling ability. But now that I was the owner, it would be driving for the Lord. I didn't want to use it to take me to places I shouldn't be or to do things I shouldn't do. And I didn't want to drive anywhere before feeling completely protected and knowing that this car was in God's hands. And I am proud to say that, so far, one year later, it still has not taken me anywhere I shouldn't be. Thanks be to God.
And on the lighter side of things, I proceeded to watch the movie "Dude, Where's My Car?" around the time I got my car. I love that scene where they realize they had gotten tatoos on their backs that say "Dude" and "Sweet." You know, "What does MINE say?" "Sweeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!" I had named my previous car (the Saturn) "Dude" and felt it was perfect to name my Maxima "Sweet." After all, it is a sweet car and just seemed to fit perfectly.
And one year later, I have to say it's still suhweeeeeeeeeettt!
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]