Wednesday, January 23, 2002

GETTING BIGGER
OK, I don't exactly know what people mean, but I have had a lot of people tell me recently that I'm "getting bigger." Wanting to know whether they mean stronger or fatter, I always ask and they never can give me a definite answer: "I don't know. You're just bigger!"
This is very troubling. This reminds me of my freshman year in college when I ran into an old friend who I hadn't seen since 8th grade. We hugged and she said, "Wow, Victor, it's good to see you. You've gotten ... umm ... err ... taller." That was so disheartening to hear because I knew that all that dorm food had gotten the best of my belly and I did gain the proverbial "Freshman 15." But to have someone point it out just killed me inside. That's when I started working out with two other friends, getting up everyday at 6:00 to work out before class. It was tortuous, but it worked. But of course, that didn't last.
And now that I'm living on my own, I don't have the benefit of my mom's good and healthy cooking. She has the patience to take the fat out of everything. But somehow, I'm just not that patient or detailed-oriented. So, I guess I'm gaining weight again. But I've always been working out (well, actually lifting weights) 2-3 times a week diligently so I'm also gaining muscle.
But, the fact remains, it's time for me to be a little more careful about what I'm eating. And I have to be more committed to doing more cardio activities.
But I still want to know which one it is. Does "bigger" mean stronger or fatter?
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]