Sunday, January 13, 2002

THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS
I'm not a big car guy, but I went with Reuel, Luong, Victoria, Jacob, Aaron, Larry and Karena to the L.A. Auto Show at the LA Convention Center. And I have to admit that I was impressed. First, it was nice to have all the different makers right there. I was like going to the dealership and having all the cars you wanted to see there. I'm obviously not looking to buy a new car anytime soon, but Karena is so that made it doubly good. She's interested in a few cars, but the BMW 330Ci Coupe in particular. The cars that impressed me most were the Lexus GS 430 and the Audi A4 Cabrio. Some other notables were the Toyota Matrix Sport Wagons, the BMW 7-Series, and the return of the Nissan Z. I sat in so many different cars that when I finally got to sit in my own again, it felt funny. While we were there, we also ran into Charles and Lisa and Frank and Eunice there.
And just to cap off the evening, we rented "The Fast and The Furious." We enjoyed naming all the cars in the movie. That made it the perfect movie to end the day with. But I couldn't help but notice just how much the star of the movie Paul Walker reminds me of Keanu Reeves. The movie itself has a "Point Break" feel to it (especially the plot) and Walker does draw a lot of similarities to Keanu - good looking guy who does somewhat emotionless acting. Oh well, at least the cars were cool.
Hmm ... maybe I'm turning into a car guy.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]