Tuesday, December 18, 2001

SMOOTH PART II
Very related to this topic of me trying to be "smooth" is how I act when I walk into the Koinonia room on Friday nights. This is one of the few times where I really feel "smooth" and not just because I want to be, but because I am genuinely happy to be there and want to talk to people I haven't seen all week (or longer). It's a lot like the way Tom Cruise describes it in the movie "Jerry Maguire." In one scene, he explains how he "owns" the living room where he does his business wooing athletes/potential clients into his firm and then parading that athlete to teams to promote them. And then, he goes out and does exactly that with Rod Tidwell (Cuba Gooding, Jr.) by basically displaying and selling his talents to other teams. Jerry knows everybody's name, knows everybody's likes and dislikes, needs and wants, and he uses that information to sell his athlete.
Now, my intentions are way less selfish and on a much smaller scale, but the idea is still there. I love walking into that Koinonia room and feel good that I know everybody's name and I can relate to every person in there on some level. It's all smiles, it's slapping hands, it's making sure everyone is doing alright. And if their not, I'm there. And if things are all good, I'm there to share in that too.
See what I mean?
Smooth.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]