Sunday, December 16, 2001

SMOOTH
I saw Ocean's Eleven in Burbank on Saturday. And I have to admit that I liked it. Most guys think they're not going to like the movie as much as girls just because the girls have all an over-abundance of "eye candy" in Georgy Clooney, Matt Damon, Brad Pitt, Andy Garcia, etc. Meanwhile, guys only have Julia Roberts (who in opinion is good looking, but not great) to look at. But what I loved best is how they all work together to pull of the amazing heist of $160 million dollars from the Bellagio, MGM Grand, and the Mirage in Las Vegas. And I don't know what it is, but I think George Clooney is the man. I even liked "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" But anyway, the point of this blog is to acknowledge just how cool those guys were in this movie.
And through it all, they're smooth. Just when you think something is going to go wrong, you find out that they've already thought about that and it's been taken care of. Everything happens on their terms and according to plan. You never see them sweat. The epitome of "smooth".
Maybe I value this so much because I have very little of it. I sweat so much in pressure situations. You know how most athletes say they want the ball in their hands when the game is on the line? Well, I''m the guy who hopes I don't have the ball. And maybe this explains why I shy away from leadership sometimes. But, I'm trying to be more smooth with each passing day ... not to pull off some major heist, but more so I can be an effective leader.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]