Monday, December 24, 2001

THE REPEATED OPENING AND CLOSING OF DOORS
The Sunday before Christmas has arrived. And we all know what that means - Joint Worship at CEFC. And with that comes sitting outside the normal confines of the sanctuary, surrounded by people who are no doubt singing only in Mandarin or Cantonese while you're left to represent singing in English on your own, and barely listening to the sermon ... because you only understand half of it. Because we arrived late, we sat in the lobby part just outside the glass windows of the santuary. This experience was complicated by the glare coming off the glass - allowing me to better see who was walking down the stairs coming in late than the pulpit.

Who's that new guy?
I don't know who you're referring to, but I can see that Michael and Matthew just walked down late!

And all I heard throughout the whole sermon was the back door opening and closing. The guy next to me must've walked out about six times to answer his cell phone. Doors opening. Doors closing. It's a sad state of affairs when people, Christians to boot, can't turn off their phones for an hour and a half to celebrate Christmas. Sad.

And afterward, I saw The Lord of the Rings at Puente with Victoria, Jacob, Amy, Bonnie, Jeff, Cathy, and my cousins Allison and Jonathan. And because the theater was packed, we sat at the seats right by teh door ... again. And when you're watching a three hour movie, the inevitable again happened to me.

I have to go to the bathroom!
I'm hungry. I need some popcorn.
Let's go, son. That old lady is kicking us out.


The creeking of that darn door opening and the slamming of the door was louder than some of those fight scenes!

Doors open. Doors close.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]