Monday, December 03, 2001

A PICTURE OF THE AMERICAN DREAM
Before I get to the real topic, I have to say how ecstatic I am about having such awesome choices for Sunday school. Pastor Clive's one on Philippians versus Jesse's one on church history from Acts to Reformation. Wow! I wish I could go to both. You think things at CEFC are on the up and up? You better believe it.
After church, Karena and I stopped off to have lunch at Deerfield (across from Dragon Regency in the plaza where Diamond Bakery is on Atlantic and Garvey). Good moo-shoo pork, bad fried dumplings.
While eating, Charles (looking suave in that black J Crew suit) and Lisa (looking quite good herself) walked in and waited for a table to open. While waiting, they sat and looked intently through the "Homes" section of the LA Times. It was a beautiful sight to see. Two twenty-somethings, newlyweds, starting their life and looking into buying a house to settle down in one place they can call their own. As they kept pointing at the newspaper and talking about various houses, I leaned over to Karena and said, "I wish I had my camera to capture this moment. This is the American dream right here. This is exactly what terrorists like Osama Bin Laden attempt to but can never take away."
Maybe I'm still caught up in post-September 11th patriotism, but that image is something I will never, ever forget.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]