Sunday, December 02, 2001

GINGERBREAD MANIA
Another holiday season brings out another Koinonia gingerbread house making party. And this one was filled to the brim with excitement.
And with it, as always, comes all the trash-talking from guys, some reallly creative ideas, as well as some truly genuine fellowship and sharing. Oh yeah, and I got to not only watch the Lakers thrash the Sonics, but also partake in the most elusive gift ever (U2's DVD).
The evening started with Koinonia newcomer Eddie asking a theological question that I have struggled with myself - so much that even after all my years of attending church and reading the Word, I still can't answer enough to my satisfaction. And the question is: How do you know that when good things or bad things happen in secession that it's truly God in your life versus karma or chance? I found myself babbling on and on and dancing around an answer I didn't have. I know it comes down to faith and just knowing we trust in something we can't actually see, but I always feel like I want to give a "better" answer. So, all you theological buffs, email me back or write in my guestbook.
And as Karena and I are doing with quite some regularity now at social events, we worked on Pastor Clive because he injured himself running and hiking a while back. We hope he's feeling better after one treatment, but chances are he'll be hobbling up to the pulpit Sunday morning because he'll be sore. While watching Karena work, I couldn't help but be amazed and impressed with her PT skills. And that inspired me to improve on mine.
And the last, but DEFINITELY not least, bit of news is who won awards: Charles and Lisa's house, complete with the best darn melted snowman you have ever seen won for best presentation (or something like that). Jason's windmill, complete with bicycle port, won best design (Mr. Creativity wins every year). Julie's beautiful house complete with multi-colored candy everywhere (and I do stress the word EVERYWHERE) won the coveted Princesses' award. And MY baseball field design, complete with oregano grass, scoreboard (Dodgers 4, Reds 1), and bat-wielding jelly bean batter won the most attention to detail. Can you believe that? But this will all make sense when you find out that Karena was the judge.
I'm glad that was the detail I paid most attention to. =)
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]