Saturday, December 15, 2001

FRIDAY RECAP
I was really happy to have Friday off because it was raining. So, I spent the day doing absolutely nothing! All I did was stay under the covers and read the newspaper, some magazines, etc. Let me tell you, there is no better feeling than staying in on a rainy day. And what made the experience better was enjoying some Campbell's Chicken Noodle soup. There is nothing better than having some good ol' chicken noodle on a rainy day.
The fate of my Aiwa stereo that was given to me as a huge gift from about 14 people has been decided: it's dead. Well, it can technically be revived if I spend $100 to fix it. But hey, if I'm going to spend $100 just to get something back that may break down again (it's had this same power failure before), I might as well spend a little more and get a new one.
In the evening, Koinonia was blessed to have Hannah Yu and her roommate speak on their missions trip into the inner city and relationship evangelism, respectively. And we were doubly blessed to have, in the flesh, the return of Richard Lew. You really don't know how much you miss a guy until he comes back.
Afterhours Friday night were spent at Jesse and Tammy's helping to decorate their tree and helping to decorate cookies that will be sold Sunday to benefit Alpha for their retreat. I've come to the conclusion that I have little talent, but try to have as much fun with it as I can. And it wouldn't be a night at J and T's without some deep, interesting conversation about everything from love letters versus email to how your parents got together to The Lord of the Rings being more "Christian" than Harry Potter to how incorporating U2 into our Friday Night Live worship sets wouldn't be such a bad thing.
All in all, a great day.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]