Sunday, December 23, 2001

DRIVING IN TRAFFIC
In honor of Victor's missing me so incredibly much, I've decided to write a guest-blog and share about my drive up to San Francisco... Let me begin by saying that I've always veiwed our drives up to SF as long and torturous. So I finally convinced my dad to drive up highway 5 (vs 101) so as to avoid any extra road-time. Then I wanted to drive first so that we could hurry up and get on our way, but of course he had to drive first and we had to stop somewhere off the 134 Freeway and then turn around and get back on the 5. But not before getting lost and driving in circles for 15 minutes (which felt more like 45)! So we finally got headed the right way and there was SOOOO much traffic.
When I took over the second leg of the drive, it went something like this:

Ahh! How come they keep on braking?
That guy is trying to get in front of me!
Well, scoot over closer to the line then...and turn your headlights on, it's getting dark.
I want to but it's on highbeam and I don't know how to change it.
Well, these rental cars are usually automatic anyway, I'm sure they're on.
Hey that's the same guy that cut me off earlier! That dirty guy!

Anyway, generally 70-75 mph, except for the intermittent 90-95 to pass 1-2 cars (including the same ones - over and over). Then back to 70.
Well, at least when you do some of the driving, it's definitely not as boring! :)
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]