Saturday, December 08, 2001

THE DRIPS
Over the last few days, I have endured a cold that has progressively gotten worse. And I have all the most inconvenient symptoms: stuffy and runny nose, dry hacking cough, stuffy head. The worst has to be the nose that drips like a leaky faucet at will and without warning.
Yesterday, I was helping a patient out of bed and suddenly, drip! right next to her leg. I tried to work with it, but it was hopeless. I lifted my head so as not to drip any further, but it's really hard to help a patient with altered mental status out of bed with your head looking up at the ceiling the whole time! Screw this, I thought. This patient is not mentally all there right now anyway, so I stopped, grabbed one of her Kleenex tissues and tried to blow it all out as loudly as I could (because it only really works when you blow your nose loudly.)
HRRRRRRRRRR!!! And yet, nothing. Let me tell you, that darn stuffy, yet runny nose leaves you feelingvery frustrated because it's a lose-lose situation.
Oh well. Nothing I could do. So, I went back to working with the patient ...
Drip ... drip ... drip!
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]