Wednesday, December 26, 2001

CHRISTMAS LIKES AND DISLIKES
Christmas 2001 is upon us and that gave me some time to reflect on ... my likes and dislikes in terms of the holiday season.
Songs I like: Nat King Cole's The Christmas Song, Band Aid's Do They Know Its Christmas?, Whitney Houston's Do You Hear What I Hear?, O Holy Night, the instrumental Sleigh Ride, and for some strange reason, Mariah Carey's All I Want For Christmas Is You.
Songs I Don't Like: Santa Baby, Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer
Most Overplayed Holiday Songs: Wham's Last Christmas and Adam Sandler's The Chanukkah Song
Weird Things I Like To Do: Make it a point NOT to open any gifts until Christmas morning; spend some time along sitting in front of the tree evaluating my life over the past year, my hopes and dreams for the coming year, and remembering the reason for the season; taking pictures of the family (complete in pajamas and bed head) opening gifts because it's easy to capture their true excitement.
Things I Don't Like To Do: Answer my dad's rhetorical question of "Do you know who sings this song?" It's rhetorical because he asks all the same ones every year so I already know all the answers - Andy Williams, Nat King Cole, Dean Martin, etc.
Gifts I Liked This Year: Luong's gift of The Best of Friends DVD, my cousin Allison's gift of the U2 Elevation Tour DVD, my brother's gift of The Clapper, and Karena's soon-to-be-arriving gift of basketball shoes.
Gifts I Didn't Like This Year: I can't say right now because I'm going to give it out as my white elephant gift this Friday at Koinonia's Post-Christmas bash at my house. See you there!!!
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]