Sunday, December 02, 2001

CHRISTMAS LIGHTS
It's pretty stressful being in charge of putting up outdoor Christmas lights for two households (mine and my cousins). I spent Saturday afternoon at their place figuring and configuring the whole system so we could attach a wreath with lights in the shape of a star, a lit-up reindeer, and of course their icicle lights. And isn't it interesting how those icicle lights pretty much became the norm for all Christmas lights. If you have the older normal kind (even if they're different colors or blink), you're so early '90s. Trends are everywhere.
Anyway, back to the lecture at hand, putting up lights at my cousins had me running in and out of their house, into and out of their backyard and putting nails in various places of their house. But it was all worth it because I got to shoot hoops and through a football around with Jonathan and talk about shopping at the mall with Allison. Good family bonding.
And today, I spent all afternoon with my parents putting our lights up. We have this whole full-scale operation complete with three electrical outlets. My mom is very organized so that made it much easier, even with my dad's complaining. (He always complains, but he really does have some good ideas and is a big help.) Anyway, this year, we were very efficient and finished just as it was starting to get dark. And as the three of us stood in the middle of the street, admiring the finished product, I couldn't help but think how blessed I am. And just then, Nat "King" Cole's The Christmas Song came on, which is arguably my favorite Christmas song of all time, and suddenly, I knew it was Christmas.
Amen.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]