Wednesday, December 19, 2001

A BLOCKBUSTER NIGHT - A LACKLUSTER MORNING
After having an awesome steak dinner with Mark and Gina, they were gracious enough to loan us their latest Blockbuster movie rental - "The Score" starring Robert DeNiro and Edward Norton. And because of Blockbuster's strict return policy, we were forced to watch it the next night, even though I was extremely tired.
The movie turned to out to be suspenseful, but I didn't like the ending much. Basically, all you have to know is that Robert DeNiro is the man and will ALWAYS be the man ... in every movie ... until the end of time. Ey, you talkin' to me? And I was really impressed with Edward Norton's acting. And I have to admit, Jason, that in some scenes, he does look like Nathan Sturtevant. And how in the world did Marlon Brando get so fat!?! He's a far cry from the days when he was a sex symbol in "Streetcar Named Desire." Stellaaaaaaaa!!! Anyway, I'd give the movie a "B."
So, a great Blockbuster night, right? Well, maybe. But the problem is that reality always comes to bite you in the butt the next morning as you rush to return the movie before going to work. Let's face it, it serves almost no point to have the return time at noon because 9 times out of 10, you've got to be somewhere way before that. So, there I was, double parked in the middle of the street just so I could run out to drop off the movie at 7:20 and still make it to work on time. The funny thing is that four other people were doing the exact same thing.
Having to wake up earlier and rush around left me feeling more "lackluster" than "blockbuster."
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]