Saturday, December 01, 2001

BEING PRACTICAL
After the last entry, I was reminded of the multiple times Karena has told me that I'm "too practical" and how she wished I wouldn't be such a money-pincher or time-pincher. So I do things like leave the juice bottle over my cup until the very last drop comes out of the bottle. And, yes, I disconnect as soon as I'm done with the internet because I'm still using Netzero's free service, even though it's dropped down to only 10 hours/month. And I do wear my disposable contacts a little bit longer than I'm supposed to (okay, a lot longer) so that I don't have to buy as many. That doesn't make me "too practical," right?
In fact, I'm always telling her she should be more practical. This, obviously, leads her to get defensive and she charges back with how she's already practical:
I never turn on the stove fire bigger than the pot I'm trying to heat up
I only get my gas from the cheapest gas stations (the one on Atlantic and Valley or one on La Cienga just north of the 10)
I clean my bowl until there's nothing left, especially when it's good food I'm eating


This little exercise has only proven one thing: we're both too practical.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]