Thursday, December 06, 2001

ABIOCOR REPLACEMENT HEART
We had an inservice at work today from one of the engineers who works on and manages the new ABioCor hearts that have been given to six patients. This is that fully implantable new device that Robert Tools got and was even featured on Dateline a few months back. He just died last Friday after living with it for 5+ months, after he was only supposed to live about two weeks had he not gotten the AbioCor heart.
All I have to say is that I was more than impressed with the product. One of the six patients who currently has one is at UCLA. It's things like this that remind me why I got into health care in the first place. And lately, I've been needing the reminder because I've been very concerned about my poor benefits, poorer salary, and stagnant professional life.
I've got a heart. I should live with it.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]