Thursday, November 08, 2001

TWO VISITORS, TWO INTERESTING CONVERSATIONS
I haven't had many visitors out to my apartment, but I had two this week: Michael last Saturday and Gary last night. Both visits generated some pretty deep and meanful conversations ... oh yeah, and some funny ones too. Here's a very loose transcription:
Mike
Why is it that when a guy only likes a girl as a friend, he can be himself (which usually means he's showing his rough, tough exterior). But as soon as he starts to develop romantic fellings, he becomes this "Mr. Too Nice Guy" who just can't say no or disagree with her. This is where the traditional "yes honey" or "you are right and you'll always be right" sayings come from.
Mike: I hate when that happens to me.
Victor: I wouldn't know. It's never happened to me.
Mike: Yeah, that's cause you're that guy all the time!
Victor: laughs nervously
Mike: Is that what happened with you and Karena?
Victor: Nope, I say "no" to her all the t...
Karena: (interrupting) Yeah right. He was SO head over heels in love with me that he was "Mr. Too Nice Guy" for as long as I can remember. "Yes, Karena" " Anything you say, Karena." Right, Victor?
Victor: Yes, honey. Anything you say.

Damn. I hate it when my girlfriend uncovers all my secrets. =)

Gary
As we walked into my apartment ready to eat in front of the TV (as all guys should always do), we automatically sat on different couches. We didn't even think about it, it was just a reflex, even though it would have made more sense to both sit on the long couch because it faces the TV and we both could have used the table together. But when Karena arrived, she commented on this.
Karena: How come you guys sat on different couches?
Gary: We're two GUYS. Guys don't do that sort of thing.
Victor: (with mouth full of one of the three Subway footlongs he bought for $10.99. What a deal!) Yeah!
Karena: If you're afraid of being too close, you could have sat on different ends of the couch.
Gary: No we couldn't have. It's very complicated with guys. If we were two girls, we probably could have done that.
Victor: Yeah, or if there was a girl who sat between us, then we could have sat at the opposite ends of the couch.
Karena: Men! I'll never understand them.
Gary and Victor: Yeah, us either.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]