Saturday, November 10, 2001

TALKING THE TALK ABOUT WALKING THE WALK
Karena and I had the unique opportunity to share in Koinonia what God has been teaching us individually and as a couple. I have to admit we were nervous, especially with Dewey and Janet in the crowd as well as our new English pastor Clive Chin and his wife Rhonda. Scary!!!
But we stepped up and I think (well, I hope) God used us to speak to Koi.
The evening started with a little skit about how we got together. It was meant to genenate some easy laughs, but all it got were courtesy ones. But that was good enough for me because I think that made both of us less nervous. And yeah, I was way nervous! I mean, this shouldn't happen to a guy who's given talks before, right? Guess not.
I felt privileged to share about my struggles with leadership and thinking about others beside myself. And I thought that for a girl who hates speaking in front of people, Karena did great sharing about her struggles with loving others as yourself.
Overall, a great night that reminded me how awesome God is that he can use two tongue-tied normal people to bring His message.
Amen.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]