Tuesday, November 13, 2001

SNORING MONSTERS, INC.
After watching Monsters, Inc (which was VERY good, by the way, and no, I did NOT cry), I got to thinking about me being scared of monsters and ghosts as a kid. And I was really scared as a kid. I used to believe all the old myths - don't leave your feet haning off the bed because they're come get it. Or always keep yourself under your covers because they protect you from ghosts. And don't ever say "Bloody Mary" three times in front of a mirror or face certain death (or something like that).
I used to be so scared while sleeping that I tied a string from the post of my bed to the light switch so I could turn it on at any time. (This was before the days of the Clapper). Anyway, one night, I woke up in the middle of the night to hear some strange noises coming from INSIDE the house. I was so freaked that I reached for the string, but it slipped off the light switch. I could have sworn ghosts were all over my house and I was a dead duck because I couldn't turn on the lights. So, I stayed under the covers, only to discover that the noises were getting LOUDER. I tried to compose myself and finally I did. I decided to face these this ghost like a man, err, I mean like a man hiding under the safety of his blanket. I got up and walked around with my blanket only to find ...
(duh duh duuuuuh!!!!)
The noises were actually my dad snoring away. No ghosts, only one very noisy, sleeping parent.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]