Monday, November 26, 2001

A SERMON, A RED SHIRT, A BIRTHDAY, AND A TREE
It was Sunday and you all know what that means: another great sermon from Pastor Clive. This time, it was on not being discouraged or losing heart, even in the midst of difficult times. Afterwards, the fashion police (aka Victoria and Michael too to a certain extent) were out in full force. And I was ready to take on whatever wrath I may have incurred by wearing a red shirt and tie. First, Janet came to compliment me .. well, sort of. "From a distance, I wasn't sure if it was you or Regis." Then, Karena looked, smiled, and gave the "I don't like it." look. And later, she got me good by calling it my "USC shirt." Boo!!!!! Victoria gave me the thumbs up and that made me feel good because it's not easy pleasing the captain of the squad. Michael was happy because he thinks red is the "in" color for guys to wear. Jacob, a man who owns and proudly wears purple pants, agreed. Aaron, in his usual deep voiced ghetto slang, said, "Fruity. That's all I gotz to say about that shirt. Fruity." Hey, you win some and you lose some.
We went to NBC for dim sum to celebrate Aaron's birthday. Darrell, Gary, Luong, Karena, me, Simon, Vanessa, Suzanne, Velina, Reuel, and [someone else, I can't remember right now] crammed into one little table. I loved that we were not afraid to fill our lazy susan with over 20 dishes. But I am sad to admit that we got chicken feet and cow intestine ... and people liked it. Yuck!
The Sunday ended by doing one of my favorite things - putting up our Christmas decorations. And if you've ever been to our house during the holidays, you know that there are A LOT of decorations to put up. This year, because neither my brother or sister were around, my mom and I were left to fend for ourselves (my dad doesn't helps. It's just not his thing.) I love this time because of the family bonding and because this is the only time you'll see my parents fussing over how a nativity scene should look. Makes me wish everyday were Christmas.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]