Monday, November 05, 2001

ON A SUNDAY AFTERNOON
What an afternoon! First, we went to eat at the old UA Cafe, which is now a Korean BBQ place. We were pretty disappointed to find out the lunch special prices did not apply because it was Sunday. So, instead of getting food for $4.95, we got it for $14.95. But the BBQ ribs and chicken on the sizzling plate were very good, but still not worth the price. I hate to admit it, but I miss UA.
I had a great time chatting with Simon over Tapioca Express. Whenver you're looking for a man of God whose trying to do the right thing, look no further than Simon Wai.
And that World Series game. Wow! There we were (my cousins, Michael, Jason, my dad) scrunched inside my little room watching my even littler TV which has bad reception for Fox. But it was well worth it because Game 7 more than lived up to the hype. Congrats to the Yanks for being the team of destiny that fell one inning short. And congrats to the D'Backs for pullin' it out. I'm so happy for them.
And I always get goose-bumps watching the closing scenes after the World Series is over. They show pictures and scenes of the entire playoffs with music. This year's was really emotion because of all the come-from-behind victories, the overflow of emtion and patriotism of the nation, and more importantly, the smooth, acoustic sounds of U2 singing "Stuck in a Moment."
Ahhh, the perfect Sunday afternoon ... well, minus a good nap. But hey, you can' t win 'em all!
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]