Wednesday, November 14, 2001

NO U2, BUT A NIGHT OF 24 AND MICHAEL JACKSON
I was disappointed to miss seeing U2 perform at the Staples Center, but I was happy to know that Michael and Danette were there to be apart of a great show.
And since I was home, I got to partake in what is quickly becoming the best night of television: Tuesdays. There's Fox' s 24, ABC's NYPD Blue (with Zack Morris!), UPN's Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Buffy kissed Spike?!? Yuck!), WB's Smallville (which I keep hearing is the best new show 'cause it's like Dawson's Creek, except Dawson has super powers), and NBC's Frasier (Niles is the man).
I'm really getting into 24. I love the creativity of having a show's plot play out in real time. And something about that clock constantly ticking keeps the suspense going for the whole hour. And Kiefer Sutherland is really becoming a likeable hero because he's not perfect, but he gets the job done. Plus, he looks so cool holding a gun in one hand and a cell phone in the other. He definitely adds to the suspense. It's so good that Karena gets nervous and scared while watching it a lot of the time and needs a reasurring hug ... and that's where I come in. =)
And how 'bout that Michael Jackson concert last night? I know nobody will admit it outright, but we're all still big Michael Jackson fans. We all have some tape-recoreded version of the Thriller album tucked away in our closet or under our beds somewhere. I hadn't listened to some of those songs for over a decade and yet, hearing him sing them last night, I realized that I still remembered all the words. And even though he looks like he just stepped off the set of The Planet of the Apes, he can still dance. His moonwalk was as silky as ever, and his kicking, robot-moving, one glove wearing Beat It and Billy Jean moves were as crisp as ever. He even made Usher look bad. It's such a shame that fame destroyed Michael's childhood and turned him into the crazy (white) guy he is now. But it was great for me to relieve my childhood by listening to him sing and watching him perform.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]