Saturday, November 24, 2001

AMELIE
After Michael's not-so-subtle push to see Amelie over the last few weeks, Karena and I decided to see it Wednesday night with Larry in Santa Monica. I have to admit that I have never been a big foreign film buff ... and it didn't help that two taller people sat in front of us so that all three of us had to move our heads left to right during ever scene just to read the subtitles. But I liked this movie because of its creativity, filmmaking, and imagination. Amelie clearly has too much time on her hands, but that's what makes it exciting. She can't just go up to a guy and talk to him so she makes him jump through all these hoops ... just to have him see her through some binoculars. Karena's favorite part? The "traveling" gnome who eventually encourages her dad to travel. The movie promises that "She'll change your life." And that's what she did for me because I was really touched to see how her she befriended the hermit artist, brought two people at work together, got her dad to leave the house and enjoy his retirement, and found love for herself and her new guy.
I hope I can, in my small way, make other people's lives better by being in them.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]