Sunday, October 21, 2001

WELCOME HOME, TYRONE
After being in England for three months, Tyrone Chan made his triumphant return this past week and we celebrated at B.J's in Brea by eating waaaaaay too much pizza. My personal faves are the Great White and BBQ Chicken. I ate so much of them that I'm feeling a little sick now. Just hope I don't hurl.
And Velina and Luong even managed to keep this thing a surprise ... which is hard to do with us considering a lot of us (especially yours truly) have big mouths (for talking, not just eating).
As for me, I think I've been worried about my friendship with Ty for a while now. But after tonight, I realized that even though we haven't been able to hang out the last few months, things are still all good with us and I'm happy about that. We'll keep doing our thing, but at the end of the day, I hope he knows that I've still got his back.
Some highlights of the evening: 1) Carpooling with Jason and Debbie and Wendy and having conversations about everything from dating to country music to wedding cakes; 2) Jason, Dennis, and Luong talking to the empty chair next to me as if Karena was sitting there (she wasn't because she's in San Francisco); 3) On my way to the bathroom, Dennis and I stopped in the bar portion and experienced a bit of heaven on earth with one TV on the Lakers/Kings pre-season game, another on the UCLA/Cal football game, another on the Nets/MJ (umm, I mean Wizards) game, and another still on the Braves/D'backs playoff game. Victor: Is this heaven? Dennis: No, it's Iowa.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]